For all they knew, I was getting better, when in fact I had relapsed into cocaine use. While they were busy trying to save me, I was determined to get my next fix. I managed to contact my dealer and arranged for a few hundred dollars worth of cocaine to come to me in the hospital. In the meantime, I stashed any and every possible supply the nursing staff left within my reach—syringes they'd just used on me, saline bottles, even a spoon from the cafeteria. When it comes to satisfying that urge, nothing, not even the walls of a hospital will stand in the way.
- Decide it's as good a time to change as any.
- Make a wager with someone you love and trust.
- Get a reputable counselor and keep your appointments.
- Find a church where you can find a small group that will pray with and for you.
- What do you have to lose?
Choose Help.com has a 24-hour toll-free helpline to get your started. You can also visit the Choose Help.com website where they have listed a number of drug and alcohol rehab treatment facilities for a variety of circumstances. Please stop by their site and see what they have to offer.