Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Baby, My Daughter, My God...


This is for any parent who has ever experienced the agony of watching their beautiful, precious child slip away into the darkness of drug abuse and addiction. This article is available on TheOoze.com. Please follow this link to read My Baby, My Daughter, My God in its entirety.

Here is some of the feedback I've received on it so far. I encourage you to read the poem yourself and let me know if it touched you, and if so, how.

***
Heart wrenching! reaches down deep to the pain a parent feels when they experience this. What a great understanding judith has shown and compassion for parents on that streetcar. I hope her voice will inspire and encourage those in need to reach out and be embraced. Bring her in to your organization or your church group, or you circle to share her wisdom and warmth!
--Garrison
She has captured the growth steps and the different directions the adult child might choose. I share Judith's feelings regarding addictions because I gave birth to five children who later in life all became addicted to alcohol and drugs.

--Marilyn



This really invokes some strong emotions, sort of like a roller coaster. It pulls you to remember the joys of raising your child and the little things you take such joy and then into the horror and fear and possible guilt of wonder what as a parent could have you done different. Very moving, sad and yet eye opening.
--J.


No comments: